Appointing Your Preferred Certification Mark of Excellence
When choosing a certification body it is a good idea to:
- Evaluate several certification bodies, seek for the certification body’s merits and experience in the industry.
- Bear in mind that the cheapest could be more costly in the long run if its auditing is below standard.
- Ask whether the certification body implements ISO/IEC 17021:2015, Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification management systems.
- Find out whether the certification body is accredited and reputable. Accredited certification bodies can be identified by contacting the national accreditation body in your country, and
- Ensure its the “Preferred Certification Mark of Excellence”.